Thursday, July 31, 2008

BAIM 7/31/08

So i have 7,000 words to write today - phew - to reach my goal. that is about 20 pages or so....
well here is from yesterday's 395 words.

She completely caught me off guard and where would that come from. Me? Volunteer in the school, right. Yet, she asked so sincerely and honestly seemed to want me to help. She stood looking at me awaiting my response.
“I” pausing so I would not say the wrong thing, “I never thought about it before.”
“I would love to get together with you and talk to you.”
“Ok”
I was stuck and now she had me cornered and I would have to give in. maybe I can set a date and come up with a way out later.
“Sure, when would you like to meet?”
“How about this afternoon?” She pulled out a compact planner and a pencil. “I have my daughter home at 2:15 and I can bring her to play with your girls, to make it easier.”
“Um….”
I had no way out; maybe I will fall and end up in the ER before 2:00 or some other catastrophe will happen. “Sure” I said, “Where would you like to meet?”
“Oh,” she smiled, “I love the little cafĂ© on Main. They have bistro tables there and a patio wall. It also has wonderful food.”
I tried to not stare at her, but my words just fell out without me looking away, “What time would work for you?”

No comments: